Hiring: Laravel, Vue.js UI UX Dev – Work From Home (Aus)
Spatial Media is a collaborative 3D visualisation, web application and emerging technology studio looking for a new team member to join the growing ranks of the Web Design and Development team. We are seeking an Australian-based Laravel/Vue.js developer with an eye for good design and a solid understanding of key UI/UX principles. If you like to have a laugh, you have a strong collection of existing Vue/Laravel work, you like the idea of working from home without having to put pants on, and you have a passion for what you do then we’d love to hear from you.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Working from home during hours that suit you to collaborate with and meet the needs of our web design and development team, particularly developing backend Laravel user interface systems with Vue.js, HTML5 and CSS
- Developing systems and structures for interfacing backend systems with frontend outputs
- Assist with developing internal documentation, bug fixing and QA testing
Relevant Experience and Qualifications
- University degrees aren’t mandatory, but a strong portfolio of Laravel/Vue.js work is. Please link to at least two projects (personal or paid) that demonstrate your Laravel/Vue.js experience
- Provide a link to your StackOverflow account, Github account, Behance, Dribbble, your own personal portfolio website or supply a PDF of your most recent and relevant work.
- Expert knowledge of – and demonstrated experience with – Vue.js/Laravel/HTML/CSS/JS.
- Strong knowledge of design development tools – particularly Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch and InVision
- Strong demonstrated understanding of balance, type treatment and colour theory
- A sound understanding of spelling and grammar with an eagle eye for the little details – if you move things a pixel to the left and a pixel to the right, and if you comment your code cleanly otherwise your eye twitches then you’re the sort of person we’re after
- Must have a fast, reliable internet connection at home – please provide your internet speed & specs in your cover letter
- Experience with other Laravel products and frameworks will be looked upon favourably
- Experience with WebGL and associated JS plugins such as three.js, Mapbox’s GL JS API, etc
- Must be Australian-based and willing to work remotely from home with a fast, reliable internet connection
- Salary negotiable
- Email a fun cover letter (to keep us entertained) and a portfolio (links or PDF) + the other requirements requested in this ad to email@example.com
- Please be advised only successful applicants will be contacted
We’re a small team working remotely throughout Australia on 3D visualisation, web and emerging technology solutions. We have clear bonus and ESOP structures in place, like to keep things fun and relaxed, and foster a culture where everyone has equal voice and influence. We all catch up a few times throughout the year to get together for some laughs over good food and cold beverages.